In accordance R. S. 18:424 and R. S. 18:425, you must have the following qualifications to serve as a commissioner:
- You must be able to vote without assistance.
- You shall not be a candidate for election to public office or a member of the immediate family of a candidate for election to public office in the precinct in which you serve.
- You may be selected to serve in a precinct other than the ward in which you are registered to vote.
- You must not have been convicted of an election offense.
- You must have attended a course of instruction for commissioners and have received a certificate of instruction for such attendance within the primary election in which you will serve.
COMMISSIONERS ARE PAID $200.00 PER ELECTION IF SELECTED TO SERVE!!!